Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Floyd in North Carolina.


research.unc.edu/endeavors/win2006/feature_03.php

One hurricane that I have experienced was Hurricane Floyd in 1999. I lived in a two-story house nearby a river. When Floyd hit us the whole bottom floor of my house was completely flooded to the roof. To get out of our house we had to canoe out of our front door.


The trees, once standing tall in my front yard, were floating around in the swamp that my front yard became.

It took around 2 years to repair the damage caused to my house by Floyd. I have experienced other milder hurricanes but Floyd was the only hurricane that actually made an impact on my life.
Hurricane Floyd killed 52 people and wrecked 17,000 homes were I lived.

1 comment:

Elements said...

Very nice blog little liah. I feel this has improved my knowledge of hurricnaes! ;)